If you’re involved in a personal Civil Law case, it’s crucial that you have access to clear, expert advice and skilled representation.
The Direct Access scheme puts you directly in touch with our fully qualified personal & civil law barristers who are experts in most Civil Law matters. You’ll receive the very best specialist legal advice at a lower cost. The continuity and personal service provided by Direct Access is something our clients find invaluable when dealing with personal legal issues.
If you can’t find the relevant legal area mentioned below, please contact our friendly professional clerks to discuss your needs.
Disagreements over property can take many forms.
As well as needing detailed knowledge of property law, sound property advice requires specialist knowledge in many other related areas, including contractual law, planning, housing and highways. Our Direct Access barristers are highly experienced in property mediation and arbitration, and have resolved many property disputes through the courts.
If you need advice and representation for Landlord & Tenant, Boundaries and Rights of Way, Leases and Contracts, or Land Registration issues, then contact us today. Our dedicated Direct Access barristers will help you to achieve both a commercial and practical solution to your property dispute.
When it comes to your personal finances, you need to be 100% sure you’ve got an expert on the case.
But it shouldn’t cost the Earth. Our Direct Access barristers have extensive expertise in legal issues surrounding personal finances, and have represented clients at all levels of court. For suitable cases, we can provide specialist legal advice, representation and advocacy across a range of financial issues. Including: Insolvency and Bankruptcy, Trusts, Wills and Probate, Inheritance Act, Mortgages and Loans.
Discretion, careful mediation and a dynamic, approachable manner are needed when dealing with your family’s or your business’s financial matters. You can be assured of these when instructing a Magdalen Chambers barrister.
Regulatory and Disciplinary Issues (including Planning)
This covers a wide range of legal issues including all aspects of crime, regulatory breaches and official disciplinary proceedings.
Our expert Direct Access barristers can advise and assist across many areas of regulation. They are specialists at representing individuals who appear before various regulatory and disciplinary bodies, and also at conducting professional disciplinary proceedings.
Governmental regulations are constantly being updated and expanded. Keeping on top of these changes requires a thorough and dedicated approach. Magdalen Chambers barristers are regularly instructed to appear before both civil courts and tribunals, and as such they maintain a deep and varied knowledge in this area.
If you’re currently or potentially affected by a criminal, regulatory or disciplinary issue, then contact our clerks today. Areas covered include Planning, Agricultural and Rural Affairs, Immigration and Asylum, Licensing, Criminal proceedings and prosecutions by Trading Standards, The Health & Safety Executive and Local Authorities, and Judicial Review.
With Magdalen Direct Access barristers, clear advice, expert assistance and professional advocacy is now available.
If you need expert advice, guidance, representation or have an enquiry involving an area of law not covered above, then speak to our friendly, professional clerks today.
Here is just a small selection of the feedback our Direct Access barristers receive from clients, solicitors and national legal bodies:
- “I cannot praise this Chambers enough. Anyone who has social housing, mental health issues that need a legal Barrister then Russel James is your man. Amazing man, so understanding of those who have mental health issues.”
- “An excellent technical lawyer who is very approachable. Has gravitas and is very tenacious…researches well and devastating at cross-examination.”
- “Free from any airs and graces and extremely easy to deal with. Very calm and collected, can explain things clearly to clients in a non-legalistic manner.”
- “Has excellent technical skills…and specialises in housing and homelessness law.”
- “Known for expertise in planning matters. Approachable and understandable. ‘A barrister that can get results.’”
- “I am extremely impressed with the quality of drafting. ‘Grabs the bull by the horns’ and the work is very detailed.”
- “One of the best written opinions I’ve ever read; really has a brilliant grasp of the case.”